After much contenplating I joined Facebook. I owe this all to my good friend Kathleen. Now I am an addict, hopefully there is a 10 step program to help those of us who are addicted.
I have the same excitement with Facebook as I did when I first started emailing. The excitement of logging on an seeing who had emailed me. Now it is the excitement of logging on to see what "notifications" I have or who is my "friend" now and who has posted on my "wall". I am doing pretty good with the lingo too. I enjoy being able to communicate with people who I have not spoken with in years. I was able to do a search a find my best friend from high school. We had lost touch a quite a few years ago but it was such a thrill to find her.
I love keeping in touch with my family. I chat often with my niece in Idaho who is getting married in December. We talk about the plans, what she is enjoying and what is driving her crazy. I check in on my niece and nephew in Alaska. I get a kick out of seeing what my nephew is a "fan" of now and chatting with my niece about life in Alaska. I guess the funniest of all is sitting on the couch with Wade, me on his laptop and him on his blackberry chatting. We just laugh at ourselves.
Technology is cool.
1 comment:
I love being able to keep up with people that I don't see much. I also know more about the people that I see often. There is an extra level of communication now that there never has been before. People that I never thought I would have reason to know... I now know better than I ever hoped to know them... and I LIKE them... who wudda thunk it?
Post a Comment