I thought I would update our blog (yes, I know it has been since February since I have posted anything) with a link to the Mayo clinic. It has a good description of what I have been diagnosed with and what will happen during surgery.
http://mayoclinic.com/health/chiari-malformation/DS00839
I hope to add posts occaisionally during my recovery so people will know how my recovery is going. I will be in the hospital 2-3 days, won't be able to drive for two weeks and then hopefully after 6 weeks feeling somewhat normal again. We have been truley blessed by the number of offers for help. We greatly appreciate all of them and may take you up on them. My mom and Wade's parents will be coming in next week and will be here for at least a week. We know this is something that has to be done and are looking forward to getting it behind us.
3 comments:
Janice,
I've been studying chiari malformations for the past few days in school (even heard part of a lecture on chiari malformations today). At this point in my education, neurosurgery and/or neurology is what I'd like to enter into as my specialty. Hopefully in the future I'll be operating on patients like you, and hopefully bringing substantial positive change into their lives. Best of luck with the recovery and surgery; you'll be in our prayers.
-- Dan Abenroth
Janice! I had no idea!!!!! I know the whole ward probably offered to help, but I am around the bend if you need anything at all, and both Jeremy and I are usually home during the day.
mimi
To one and all. I am trying to update everyone on Janice's status. Her surgery went very well. She spent 2 days in the hospital and is home now. She is glad to be home. Other than being nauseous from the pain meds she is doing fine. Her neck is very stiff and sore from the surgery. This makes the nauseous part very miserable since she has a very difficult time bending over and can't bend her neck at all. The Doc says she will be out of commission for at least a couple of weeks but after that should start slowly returning back to normal. She says that she already can feel an improvement in the numbness she was experiencing.
Thank you for your thoughts and concerns. I will keep you posted on her progress.
Post a Comment